Friday, August 29, 2008

I just got the weirdest idea.

Well, "weirdest" is debatable, but... I'm going to friend as many Courtney McLeans as I can find on facebook and do something with them. Like, I dunno, make a questionnaire about what being "Courtney McLean" means to them. It's pretty narcissistic, but it might be an interesting anthropological study about the effect of your name on who you are. Similar to a zodiac sign, there are all kinds of writings on what your name means. What if I did a study on all these girls (and a few boys) with my name and drew the similarities? I smell a fourth solo show that I will keep on the back burner for years.

5 comments:

Duncks said...

There was a chickie la la that did something similar a few years ago and she made a documentary about it. Travelled about the country in an RV and met them all. It was awesome.

It was a common name... Angela Johnson? No Um something...

It's a cool idea. I google me all the time and see who else I could have been. Did you know I am a brazillian Jazz musician? I also sell real estate in Canada and play bass in Scotland (the most awesome me!)

LOL

Courts! said...

I'm glad you told me that because I was sure this wasn't an original idea. I should check her out.

Erin Cronican said...

I think Dan Woolsey did a documentary about two people with the same name, a white man and an African American, who are tied together by the fact that one of their ancestors "owned" the other ancestor as a slave.

But knowing how compelling his documentary was, I am that much more interested in your story. I say, Go Get 'Em!

Anonymous said...

This was done as a solo show at the Edinborough Fringe; the guy who created it traveled around the world looking for other Dave Gormans. I think it was called "Who Is Dave Gorman?" I'm sure you can google it.

Courts! said...

Cool thanks. Like I said, I didn't think it was an original idea.